• Nasenya has distanced herself from the said video, asking Kenyans to do better and stop peddling fake news.
• The media personality also appealed to Kenyans to stop cyberbullying others and learn to celebrate things that uplift them.
Award-winning content Creator Azziad Nasenya has cleared the air after reports went viral on Twitter that her intimate video had leaked.
In an update, Nasenya has distanced herself from the said video, asking Kenyans to do better and stop peddling fake news.
The media personality also appealed to Kenyans to stop cyberbullying others and learn to celebrate things that uplift them.
“I’m sure by now most of you have seen it and I’m here to burst your bubble because that is not me. And I am grateful to my online family for coming forward and saying that is not me.
"I feel like it's 2023 and I am over here minding my business and you are over there in my business? We should not be in the business of creating false information around such topics because if you are spreading such information then you are being an enabler to cyber bullying which is not cool," she said in part.
She continued to say;
"You should be rejoicing in things that make you a better individual rather than rejoicing in things that make you feel they are going to lead to the downfall of another person.
We should do better; call yourself into a meeting kidogo. I always say life has simple rules, Pray to God, Work hard, mind your business and always show kindness,”.
On Monday, Azziad Nasenya was a trending topic on Twitter after KOT alleged that her video had leaked- something she had denied.
Just the other day, media personality Betty Kyallo was also a victim of fake news.
Betty, through her management, warned that she will be taking legal action against those peddling fake news using her name.
She made it clear that the matter had been reported to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), and the Directorate of Cybercrime (CR&IB).
"...We have been assured that any persons (s) and/or blogs, or social media accounts found guilty of originating the false news will be prosecuted,".
In the statement, Betty mentioned that the fake news is an attempt to tarnish her brand which has been built over a decade.
“The nature of the content circulating on social media platforms is false, malicious, and of the intent to tarnish the Betty Kyallo brand which has been carefully cultivated over the past decade. The aforementioned content is in no way a representation of the Betty Kyallo brand,".