• Edwin Chiloba's friend identified as Jacktone Odhiambo has been arrested.
• The motive behind the murder is yet to be established.
Kenyans are still rearing from the shock of the gruesome murder of gay model Edwin Chiloba.
Although Chiloba was well-known among entertainers most Kenyans did not know him until his untimely demise.
Here are things you did not know about the late Chiloba.
- His real name was Edwin Kiprotich Kiptoo.
- Chiloba was the brother of Melvin Faith.
- He spent his last hours at Tamasha place in Eldoret.
- The fashion model lived in a rented house at Kimumu on Eldoret-Iten Road.
- He was MR.UNIVERSITY OF ELDORET👑
- Chiloba was the CEO @chilobadesigns.
- The suspect behind Chiloba's murder is his best friend Jacktone Odhiambo.
- He is suspected to have been killed on New Year's Eve after he left Tamasha Place in Eldoret.
- He was openly gay.
- Chiloba's adoptive mum was Donna Pfaltzgraff and her husband.
Uasin Gishu county DCI boss Peter Kimulwo said the motive of the killing remains unknown.
He lived within Kimumu area and police followed up on a certain plot where they interrogated tenants who confirmed he lived in room No 11 near Noble Bliss Plaza.
Kimulwo said on new year's eve Chiloba and friends went to Tamasha club and came back at around 3 am to where they lived.
When they arrived neighbors heard commotion and cries which subsided. The neighbors did not follow up and the deceased was not seen but on the 3rd neighbors saw a vehicle with two people loading a metal box into the vehicle and left.
Neighbours said they also smelled some foul stench from the house.
"We suspect the noise heard earlier by the neighbours was the time the deceased was killed," Kimulwo said.
The arrested suspect is said to have told the neighbors that a rat had died in the house after the neighbors sought to know why there was a stench emanating from the house.
He said the DCI was tracking the vehicle used to dump the body. The suspect is being interrogated to give more information on what happened.
Earlier the family of Murdered LQBTQ activist Edwin Chiloba had positively identified his body at the Moi Referral Hospital morgue in Eldoret.
His sister Melvin Faith and other relatives are at the morgue where a postmortem is to be carried out on the body.
Melvin has also narrated her final moments with Chiloba with whom they met for new year celebrations at Tamasha place in Eldoret.
Melvin works at Tamasha and says Chiloba arrived at about 10pm with a friend whom she did not know.
"At about 1 am after the new year fireworks, I met him and he bid me farewell saying he would miss me', Melvin said.
He said Chiloba did not look disturbed and was jovial.
'I did not sense any problem and little did I know that it would be the last time I was seeing my brother", Melvin said.