• She died peacefully on Thursday 8th September.
• Early this year, she celebrated her platinum jubilee to mark 70 years of her reign.
Queen Elizabeth ii died on Thursday at her Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. In 1952 the Queen ascended the throne aged 25 years.
Early this year, she celebrated her platinum jubilee to mark 70 years of her reign.
Here are 10 quotes we will definitely remember her for;
1. “With age does come experience and that can be a virtue if it is sensibly used.”
2. “Everyone is our neighbour, no matter what race, creed or colour.”
3. “I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.”
4. “You've all seen pictures of the earth taken from space. Unlike all the other planets in the solar system, earth shimmers green and blue in the sunlight and looks a very pleasant place to live.”
5.“Often a child's helplessness and vulnerability bring out the best in us.”
6. “When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.”
7. “Sport has a wonderful way of bringing together people and nations.”
8. “In times of doubt and anxiety the attitudes people show in their daily lives, in their homes, and in their work, are of supreme importance.”
9. “I know just how much I rely on my own faith to guide me through the good times and the bad.”
10. “I believe that, young or old, we have as much to look forward to with confidence and hope as we have to look back on with pride.”