• Singer Diamond Platnumz enjoys a huge following on social media.
• Nigerian singer and songwriter Ckay leads the pack in Nigeria but comes fourth on the list.
Tanzanian singer Diamond Platnumz has continued to dominate the music scene for the past 12 years - starting is career professionally in 2012.
Today, we focus the spotlight on the top 10 musicians with most YouTube subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa and Chibu Dangote takes the number one spot.
Over the years, Platnumz has managed to accumulate a huge following on social media – platforms that are now earning him millions of money.
The WCB President holds the number spot with over 6.96 million subscribers on his channel since joining the streaming platform on June 12, 2011.
The award-winning singer has accumulated over 1,922,330,591 views and counting.
The second artiste on the list is Next Level Music (NML) President Raymond Shaban Mwakyusa stage name Rayvanny.
The BET award winner has a total of 3.99 million subscribers with over 799 million views and counting. He joined the streaming platform in March in 2016.
In 2022, Rayvanny left WCB Wasafi to start his own record label and now he has signed Macvoice as his first artiste.
Konde Music Worldwide President Rajab Abdul Kahali aka Harmonize is third on the list with over 3.45M subscribers. So far, the Never Give Up hitmaker he has accumulated 778,403,477 views and counting.
Konde Boy joined the platform in October 2015 after being signed by WCB Wasafi under Diamond Platnumz.
He exited WCB in 2019 to start his own record label Konde Music Worldwide which manages Killy, Angelah, Cheed and Ibraah.
Nigerian singer and songwriter Ckay leads the pack in Nigeria but comes fourth on the list. The Afrobeat star who has been topping charts with his globe hit ‘Love Nwantiti’ has over 3.3 million subscribers with 902,702,928 views and counting.
Subscribers are critical to your success on YouTube because they tend to spend more time watching your channel than viewers who have not subscribed.
Top 10 musicians with most YouTube subscribers in Africa
- Diamond Platnumz – 6.96 million subscribers
- Rayvanny – 3.99 million subscribers
- Harmonize – 3.45 million subscribers
- Ckay – 3.39 million subscribers
- Davido – 3.11 million subscribers
- Fally Ipupa – 3.04 million subscribers
- Burna Boy – 3.04 million subscribers
- Flavour – 2.71 million subscribers
- Wizkid – 2.51 million subscribers
- Zuchu - 2.16 million subscribers