• The breakout singer has been featured on ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ trailer
• Tems got songwriting credit on Beyonce’s recently released album, ‘Renaissance’.
Nigerian singing sensation TEMs will make a stopover in Kenya soon. She alerted her delighted Kenyan fans that Nairobi is next. "Nairobi Kenya , I'll be coming very soon"
She is widely known for her feature on Wizkid's single, “Essence“, which reached the top ten of the Hot 100 after a reworked version that has an additional feature from Justin Bieber and earned her a Grammy Award nomination.
Here are some facts to know about TEMS ahead of her tour in the 254.
1. TEMS real name is Temilade Openiyi.
2. TEMs is one of the prominent musicians featured on the soundtrack for the sequel to Black Panther. One of her songs has even been used in the movie trailer.
Tems is one of three artists on a three-song EP titled Wakanda Forever Prologue released by Marvel Studios on July 25. The movie will hit US cinemas on Nov. 11 but the songs are already available on streaming platforms.
3. Not only can she sing, but the “Crazy Tings” songstress has also written and produced her own music—a very rare skill among up-and-coming artists of today. According to Apple, Tems produced 90% of the songs on her debut project.
4. Her career almost didn't happen. TEMs says she has always thought her voice was too deep.
5. She has made it to former US President Barrack Obama's list of favourite musicians. Her collaboration with WizKid made its way onto Obama’s list of his favorite songs from 2020.
6. The ‘Higher’ singer has been nominated in the Best Hip-Hop category of the 2022 edition of the popular U.S. award show, the MTV Video Music Awards.
7. In June, Tems made history when she became the first Nigerian and African female musician to win the Best International Act at the BET Awards.
8. Tems has tied with one of Africa’s biggest acts, Wizkid as the Nigerian artist with the most charting songs in Hot 100 history.