• "It is exactly four years 25 days since I quit tobacco."-Terence Creative
Content Creator Terence Creative is today celebrating 4 years since he quit smoking.
The 'Ngamwaya' creator had been a chain smoker for 20 years before he decided to get clean.
Through his socials, Terence said he was happy due to the change he is making in society by helping other people quit smoking.
"I have not smoked for four years. It is exactly four years 25 days since I quit tobacco. I feel happy that I get to encourage more youths in the war against tobacco, that’s why I advocate for #TobaccoTax4Health with @ntakenya"
Terence had last year revealed he used to smoke 2-3 packets of cigarettes per day.
"I used to smoke 2 - 3 packs of cigarettes a day. When clubbing I would do shisha as well and weed once in a while, my friends made shisha sound less harmful than cigarettes which was a lie, every smoke is harmful and can kill.
EFFECTS DURING SMOKING
1. My wife rarely kissed me those days for over 5 years hivi.
2. People disrespected me and some opted to pay me with smokes instead, they would say “huyo bora umpelekee fegi, atakujenga. “
3. I lost some jobs coz of my addiction.
4. I was fooled that while smoking I was more creative - uongo.
5. I had bleeding gums and a very strong body odour.
6. Breathing difficulties, coloured teeth and many other bad things that come with smoking. I am glad I did quit, you too can quit, sio hard, I had smoked over 20years #smokingAintCool #smokingkills."
What's that one addiction you have been able to overcome?