Boychild in this country is well and truly a suffering class. From the tuma fare scandals, to girlfriends leaving them for older well-established men, to others who just can seem to even attract a woman in the first place, their issues are numerous.
One of the most common complaints I hear from my fellow men is about the women they encounter when dating.
The most common issue is that the woman has normally done false advertising in how she presented herself to the man.
Most times this disappointment stems from the fact that these men saw these women as potential wives but they clearly weren't.
Many times these men missed some crucial information when dating these women. Some of the potential red flags that a serious marriage-minded man should look for when vetting for a potential wife are below:
1. Woman who spends too much time on social media-Unless the woman makes money off of social media as an influencer or advertises her business there, this should be a red flag.
If her social media isn't making her money, then she shouldn't be living there.
2. Women who have very many male friends-There is a reason women our mothers' age don't have platonic male friendships. Why? They aren't necessary and they have the potential to become romantic in the future.
Boychild, just know that one of those men in her friend's list is your potential replacement when/if you F up.
3. Women whose idols are pop stars like Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, and Doja Cat. I know, I know. I sound like an old man but hear me out. You become what you consume and music is a big part of what people consume.
The music the women that I have mentioned ( and their ilk) put out doesn't glorify positive models of what stable relationships should look like. They are all about the individual, the collective be damned.
Marriage is a sacrifice from both sides but these pop stars' model of a relationship is all about a man catering to them. That simply isn't marriage.
4. Women who don't spend their money on you. One thing I have learnt over the years is that a woman will put her money where her heart is.
If she ain't spending on you ( and willingly at that) start re-evaluating that relationship, she probably sees you as a sponsor.
5. Tattoos-Yes, I said it. This is a big red flag for me. The more tattoos a woman has on her body, the more likely in my mind that a relationship with her will always be on rocky ground.
I won't go into the nitty-gritty but trust me, these women are best avoided for long-term relationships like the plague. Even short-term is still a risk with them...
6. Argumentative women-The type who will always have to have the last word in any debate. Do you think this trait will stop when you marry them? Nope. In fact, it will get worse. And let's not forget the nagging.
7. The women who can never apologise, even when they are wrong. This is critical. A marriage is a marathon and spouses will always be wronging the other during this journey.
It is important for a spouse to recognise when they have been in the wrong and apologise. Imagine always dealing with a person who doesn't see their faults but only your's.
But what do I know...I could very well be wrong.