Kobe Bryant is being praised worldwide for the good deeds he did while still alive, following his death in a helicopter crash alongside his daughter.
Many might wonder why he is being mourned so highly and below are reasons why.
1. He bought a helicopter to beat traffic to be able to attend his kids functions and pick them from school and take them to places.
2. He built Mamba Sports Academy after his retirement
Mamba Sports Academy is a 100,000 square-foot facility that houses five basketball courts, five volleyball courts, two beach volleyball courts, a turf field, combatives and self-defense dojo.
A comprehensive sports medicine practice for medical therapy and rehabilitation, a biomechanics lab, a world-class cognitive training lab, an e-sports training ground, batting cages and pitching mounds, a mondo sprint track, a learning center for academic tutoring and training, and a yoga/cycling studio.
He built it so that both the young people could have a proper place to train.
3. He personally trained his late daughter Gigi
She looked forward to joining Women Netball Association (WNBA) before her untimely death alongside her dad in a helicopter crash.
When not in training the two would go watch games.
When was the last time you had a sit down with your dad?
4. In 2003 Kobe was involved in an infidelity scandal and he publicly asked for forgiveness from his childhood love Vanessa
Kobe admitted to being unfaithful, Vanessa still stood by his side. During a press conference held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Vanessa sat next to Kobe as he professed his love for her.
“I sit here in front of you guys furious at myself, disgusted at myself for making the mistake of adultery,” he said.
I love my wife with all my heart. She’s my backbone.
We can only imagine the struggle these two faced during this time, but their love for one another was so strong that they were able to overcome the controversy together.”
They sure did over come their challenges and stuck through thick and thin.
5. Despite Kobe’s parents not wanting him to marry Vanessa he did and stood by her
Kobe had in the past confirmed that Joe (his dad) was uncomfortable that Vanessa, a Latina, is not African-American.
Bryant acknowledged that from the moment he became engaged to a then 18-year-old Vanessa Laine , it caused a family division that has tested his strength like no defender ever could.
6. He was greatly involved in projects that give back to the society.