• Edward Morema Nyagechi, 63, and his wife Grace Morema, 60 were found dead in their house on Tuesday.
Kenyans are still coming to terms with the gruesome murder of a US-based Kisii coupe.
The couple was found with their hands tied to their backs under a pool of blood in different rooms.
Edward Morema Nyagechi, 63, and his wife Grace Morema, 60 were found dead in their house on Tuesday.
Below is a timeline of what transpired before the couple was discovered dead according to their grandson Samuel Matundura.
- A man came to visit the couple at their home in Nyamakoroto.
- House help of one week prepared dinner.
- Farm hand and house help went to sleep leaving the couple with their 'guest'.
- The couple's grandson Matundura called his grandpa and they bid each other good night.
- The next day the couple did not wake up as usual, by 10:00 am they were still sleeping which was unusual.
- Their grandson tried calling them in vain, he sent a young girl to go and check on them.
- The young girl was told the couple was still sleeping by the house help who was out doing her chores.
- Their grandson decided to come and check why they were still sleeping that late, yet he had plans with his grandfather.
- He found his grandmother's lifeless body in a pool of blood, lying on the bed in one of the bedrooms downstairs. Her hands had been tied to the back using a binding wire, and she had been smothered. The throat had been slit.
- In the garage, his grandfather's body also lay in a pool of blood, in a similar version. His hands had been tied to the back with a binding wire, his throat slit, and had other knife cuts in the body.
No door had been broken, further raising suspicion that the unknown visitor may have had a hand in the murder.
The main gate to the compound did not tamper with either, but there was an indication the assailant(s) sneaked through the kei apple fence near the main gate.
Matundura says the deceased had traveled back to the country in December last year.
Check out the latest news here and you are welcome to join our super exclusive Mpasho Telegram group for all the latest and breaking news in entertainment. We would also like to hear from you, WhatsApp us on +254 736 944935.