• The Punguza Muziki operation was conducted last night to stop noise pollution within Kilimani.
In the wee hours of today morning, there was a police operation targeting clubs in Kilimani where a number of popular DJs were arrested.
According to a police report dated April 3, 2022, there was a police operation dubbed "Punguza Muziki".
The report reads, "The above operation was conducted last night to stop noise pollution within Kilimani. The following deejays were arrested from the following clubs. All the deejays have been placed in cells awaiting arraignment to court."
Here is the list of the DJs and the clubs they were working in.
1. Bernard Kipruto from Tamasha Restaurant along Argwings Kodhek Road
2. Samuel Chamba from Gemini at Adlife Yaya centre
3. Rich Wambua from Blackies along Argwings Kodhek
4. Dan Max from Cavalli Along Ngong Road
5. Emmanuel Munezi from Ashaki along Kindaruma
6. Felix Odhiambo from Casavera along Ngong Road
7. Marvin Odhiambo from Jiweke Tavern along Kabarnet.
They were all booked at Kilimani Police Station under the OB 3/03/04/2022 at 0205hrs.
Kilimani police boss Muturi Mbogo confirmed the arrests. He said the seven would be arraigned for violating environmental laws.