• The school management sent a text message to all parents on Monday, 4 AM, with a brief description of how the fire started.
Buruburu girls high school dormitory went up in flames on Sunday evening.
The inferno left at least 59 students injured, 30 of whom were treated and discharged in the night.
Several parents stormed the school but were sent away by police officers who were calming the situation.
Mpasho has established that the school management sent a text message to all parents on Monday, 4 AM, with a brief description of how the fire started.
The message signed by Mbora M.O the Executive Secretary Kuppet Nairobi Branch read,
"The fire incident at Buru Buru Girls School was very unfortunate. But we thank God for His protection. No fatalities.
One cube was burned, in a dormitory with 45 cubes. The fire was contained and put off before spreading across.
Girls who jumped from high floors of the dormitory had severe injuries. Others inhaled burned mattress fumes. While some developed hysteria. All these were taken to hospital for medical attention.
The crowd was controlled. Students were allowed to get into their classes for roll-call and later guided to remain settled within classes. Parents were talked to and allowed to go home.
But some parents remained at the gate; worried about their daughters. They are being handled and reassured.
Teachers, KUPPET Nairobi Branch leadership, Nairobi Metropolotan Service Ambulance, St. Johns Ambulance, Red Cross, National Police Service officers all combined forces to ensure calmness and control. "
One student remains in critical condition following the fire incident.