Former news anchor Esther Arunga will know her fate on Thursday when she is sentenced by a court, after admitting to lying in order to protect her husband over their son’s murder.
Esther was a household name on our screens and below are some of the things you did not know about her.
1. Esther Arunga Timberlake was a news anchor with KTN
2. Esther was the co-founder of the PlaCenta Party (Platinum Centralizer and Unionist Party of Kenya).
3. Esther Arunga has a twin brother and six other siblings.
4. She was educated at Kenya High School.
5. Esther Arunga earned Bachelor’s degrees in communication and law from the University of Wollongong in New South Wales.
6. Esther Arunga was admitted to the bar in Nairobi in 2009.
7. Arunga and her husband Quincy feeling unsafe left Kenya, and by way of Dubai went to Australia and acquired citizenship.
8. Esther Arunga was set to marry Wilson Malaba in April 2010 but things went south.The two broke up two months to their wedding.
9. In June 2014, the couple’s eldest son died after an apparent accident at their home .In September of that year her husband was charged with the murder of the child, to which he subsequently pleaded not guilty in court.