Anerlisa Muigai is no stranger to controversy.The Keroche Breweries heiress is now under fire for remarks she made about a man who diligently painted her.
It all started when Anerlisa shared a photo of a painting of herself made by someone who was clearly an admirer. While she was genuinely intent on showing appreciation, it was the message she accompanied with the painting that rubbed her followers the wrong way.
“I would like to appreciate every artist that took their time to draw me. It doesn’t matter the final result…it is the thought that counts. Thank you.”
Some followers found it a tad offensive that she had to imply that the painting was not necessarily the best she had ever seen, and they were sure to let her know.
Some of the comments are below:
- marykwangui@anerlisa you’re a darl .. But this is honestly open to being misunderstood especially when there are too many people just waiting to misunderstand you ..
- sheilaemilyakinyi@anerlisa probably choose ur words carefully next time. The implied meaning is loud
- theonewanjaUr statement is kinda unappreciative but just saying🤷🏽♀️🤷🏽♀️ @anerlisa
- linex_mugambi@anerlisa Diction, diction Anerlisa!
- chemwokv I almost asked that too…..does everything someone posts has to be translated to negativity😵
- terah_flora A token of appreciation will do, sometimes they do this just to make a living, you can buy the painting but tell them next time they should confirm before putting so much work and time. Nice paintings though.
Anerlisa was quick to respond to the hate. She wrote:
“Not at all. I think all paintings are great. I meant I appreciate all of them no matter what they look like. I am here wondering, is there anyday I will post something and somebody don’t see my fault?”
Sauti Sol were also recently criticized when an offer sheet was leaked online that showed that the models they would use in an upcoming video would not be payed.
The payment apparently would be food and “exposure” from the music video. The boy-band decided to do the honourable thing and lay the blame on the casting company.
Anerlisa Muigai gets roasted for underappreciating the man who painted her face
But Kenyans were not amused and made sure they shamed them for disrespecting talent in such a manner.