Ebru TV’s Doreen Gatwiri is arguably one of the fastest rising Kenyan TV personalities. Apart from reading news, the Swahili anchor and Tujadiliane presenter has a pretty interesting life out of the studio.
Below are 9 things that you need to know about the lady who is giving Kenyan media personalities sleepless nights;
1. Doreen is a lawyer by profession
2. A motivational speaker. She gives talks to students in campus and high school.
3. She was crowned Miss Catholic University of Eastern Africa 2013.
4. Doreen is a philanthropist. She seeks to promote the welfare of other people through various causes. She uses her free time to visit children’s homes, prisons and community service. Some of her visits :Nyumbani Children’s Home in Dagoretti and Nyumba ya Watoto in Ukunda South Coast, kamiti prisons,etc.
5. She is half Taita, half Meru.
6. Doreen can speak 5 Mijikenda languages plus fluent English and Swahili.
7. Dislikes cartoons. “I find them quite annoying”.
8. Her father is her strongest pillar in her life.
9. A good cook.