Many of us would really love to wish away this year – 2016 – main reason being we have lost more prominent figures than we could fathom.
Over the weekend, the cruel pangs of death robbed us of two actors; Maende Shikuku and Owiso Odera, all at one go.
Death has dealt a big blow to the media industry to be more specific. Well-known figures including comedians, journalists and actors have lost their lives over the last few months.
Here’s a list of prominent personalities who gave up the ghost in 2016.
1. Lucy Kibaki – the former First Lady passed away on Tuesday, April 26 while receiving treatment at Bupa Cromwell Hospital in London.
2. Waweru Mburu – the veteran radio broadcaster died on Wednesday, September 28 while undergoing treatment at MP Shah Hospital.
3. Achieng Abura – the afro-jazz star died on Thursday, October 20 at Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) where she was receiving treatment for depression and kidney ailments.
4. Grace Makosewe – the former Capital FM presenter was found dead at her apartment in Golf Course Phase II, Ngumo Estate in Nairobi.
5. Owiso Odera – the Kenyan actor who starred in a number of Hollywood TV series collapsed on stage on Friday, November 4 while performing on stage.
6. Maende Shikuku – the “Pray and Prey” actress reportedly fell ill on Friday, November 5 before being rushed to hospital where she died the same day. She was reportedly suffering from ulcers. Maende was the daughter of famous politician Martin Shikuku.