The appointment of Peter Ndegwa as the new CEO for Safaricom has been received with mixed emotions, One certainty is that he is an experienced man.
Not much was known about him before the appointment, One thing we are sure of is that he is in for a big job trying to fit in Bob Collymore’s shoes.
Below are things you did not know about Ndegwa.
- Peter Ndegwa was the Diageo Continental Europe Managing Director,
2. He is an alumnus of Starehe Boys Centre.
3. He studied a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Nairobi before proceeding to the London Business School for his MBA.
4. He is also a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
5. In 1996 he joined a global consulting firm PwC as a consultant in 1996 and relocated to London, UK.
6. In 1996 he relocated to London, UK.
7. Mr. Ndegwa returned to Kenya in 2002.
8. In 2004 he joined East African Breweries Limited (EABL), a Diageo subsidiary based in Nairobi, as Strategy Director.
9. In 2011, he was dispatched to Guinness Ghana Breweries plc and later Guinness Nigeria plc to act as the CEO.
10. He is married to Jemimah Ndegwa and they have one child.