He is a man who keeps you glued to the radio listening when he gives you the analytical side of a game making you feel you are watching it live. Radio Jambo’s Fred Arocho is arguably the best football commentator in the country and I agree to that. The talented and fluent Swahili speaker has won hearts of many football fans both locally and internationally.
His passion and knowledge of English Premier League and Kenya Premier League has made him famous in Kenyan football industry unlike other sports commentators who have no knowledge on our local football. Arocho remains the number one football commentator in the Kenyan sports industry. Here are some things you don’t know about Fred Arocho;
1. He is married to the one and only Sophie Jamba Arocho.
2. He is a loving father to 4 children
3. He is a businessman
4. He is a twin brother to Billy Arocho who is a close confidant to the President of the republic of Kenya
5. He played football for KCB FC, Sony Sugar FC and Kenya’s U-20 national team in 1994
6. He likes playing football and if he was born today, he would still play it again and again
7. He is a great Manchester United fan
8. You will only find him at three places; Studio, his office in the CBD and at his home
9. He spends his free time watching football
10. He doesn’t take alcohol.